How Can We Help
- Firstly if you have a mortgage we will go to your bank or building society to get them to pay the debt. This will increase the amount of money you owe on your mortgage and could put you into arrears and therefore put your home at risk.
- Take legal action to seek a court order against you for the debt.
- If all else fails take action to forfeit your lease, which means that the Council will repossess your home in order to collect the debt.
- Permits will not be issued to any vans or other commercial vehicles.
- If you are a private resident, i.e. you are the tenant of one of our leaseholders, you will be required to bring a copy of your tenancy agreement and ID along with the other documentation. We will also check that a permit has not been issued for any other vehicle at the address and not returned.
- Change of vehicle: Should you change your vehicle and need a new residential permit you will need to bring in the (V5) log book, insurance and MOT of new vehicle and we will swap the permits over. If you are unable to produce the old permit you will have to pay for new one.
- Lost or Stolen Permits – Should you lose or have your permit stolen you will need to pay to replace. The replacement cost is £30.00
Blue Badge Holders
- Blue badge holders are required to display both a Blue badge and Roupell Park badge on the Roupell Park Estate. Please visit the community office with the relevant documentation including proof that you are the entitled holder of a Blue badge. Roupell Park Permits are free for Blue Badge Holders.
After the terrifying tragedy of Grenfell Tower the issue of fire safety must be upmost in all of our minds. Firstly let us reassure you that Roupell Park does not have any of the features that resulted in the spread of fire at Grenfell. We have also recently had new Fire Risk Assessments completed that showed no major risks. However fire is always a risk and below is the link to the Lambeth Council Website which gives advice on how to avoid fires in your home and what to do in the event of fire. Everyone should read this.
One of the risks that were shown up in the fire risk assessments were issues in the communal areas. As a result we will be asking residents to
- Remove all door mats from communal balconies and landings
- Remove all flower pots, hanging baskets etc from communal areas
If these are found we will remove them without notice.
We will also be regularly checking communal areas for obstructions. We will remove any bikes, buggies etc causing an obstruction without notice. This will include cutting off any bike locks and you will be charged for the time it takes to do so. We will also be checking any rubbish bags to see who has left them in the communal areas and will if necessary take legal action to prevent future occurrences.