Complaints Service Standard
ROUPELL PARK RESIDENT MANAGEMENT CO-OP
WHAT IS A SERVICE STANDARD?
A Service Standard lets you know what we should be doing on your estate. It allows you to look at the service we are providing and to assess whether we are doing what we said we would.
If you understand the service we are supposed to be providing, it allows you to help us to monitor how we are doing. It therefore allows us to improve the quality of the service we provide by getting feedback direct from you. You live on the estate so it is your views that are important.
Dealing with complaints is important to us. We don’t get enough. We view complaints as a valuable way of learning about the service we provide and a way to make sure we continue to improve the service we offer.
This Service Standard was set after consultation with the residents on the estate which included holding a meeting with all the residents on the estate. It was then agreed by the RPRMC Board.
WHAT IS A COMPLAINT?
A complaint is telling us that we have done something wrong or have not met your expectations.
- If you are reporting a repair for the first time that is not a complaint, it is you making a request for a repair. However, if you tell us we did not do the repair on time or did it badly then that is.
- Reporting anti social behaviour is not a complaint and is dealt with under our anti social behaviour procedures. However if you don’t think that we dealt with your report properly then it is our responsibility to ensure you have been heard
- If you are telling us that our cleaning or grounds maintenance service is not up to scratch then that is a complaint.
- If you are telling us that a staff member has been rude or have not behaved properly towards you that is a complaint.
- If you are telling us that we have not followed our policies and procedures then that is a complaint.
DEALING WITH YOUR COMPLAINT
You can complain in person in the office, by phone, by letter, email or through our website.
- If we receive your complaint in writing we will acknowledge within 1 working day of its receipt.
- If your complaint is about a service that we do not deliver we will ensure that it has been sent to the right person and will tell you to whom we have sent it.
- If your complaint is about a service we provide then we will carry out an assessment of your complaint and our aim will be to put right the problem. We will respond in 5 working days.
- If you are not happy with our response then you should contact the Estate Director at the Community Office, email SOelman@lambeth.gov.uk telephone 020 7926 0220. He will respond in 5 working days.
- If you remain unhappy with the response you should contact -
Lambeth Council Corporate Complaints
Olive Morris House
They will also be able to advise you in relation to complaints to the Housing Ombudsman.